This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the eCos project.
[Bug 1001796] AT91/ARM9 architecure extension
- From: bugzilla-daemon at bugs dot ecos dot sourceware dot org
- To: ecos-bugs at ecos dot sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 13:57:54 +0000
- Subject: [Bug 1001796] AT91/ARM9 architecure extension
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org/>
Please do not reply to this email, use the link below.
--- Comment #2 from Bernd Edlinger <email@example.com> ---
Created attachment 2126
fix for kernel/current/tests/kcache2.c
This fixes some collateral damage in kcache2.c:
Some very small targets failed to compile this test sample.
Although the targets do not have any cache, kcache2.c may overflow
the .bss segment with a 64K test variable.
Reason: in preparation to enabling the DATA Cache, the macro
HAL_DCACHE_LINE_SIZE is now always defined to a power of 2.
This is suitable to place cache aligned variables with
If the hardware does not support DCACHE however, HAL_DCACHE_LINE_SIZE is 4,
thus the variable is simply word-aligned.
Unfortunately the kcache2.c has a conditional code like
but it should better use #ifdef HAL_DCACHE_SIZE for this purpose.
You are receiving this mail because:
You are on the CC list for the bug.