This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the eCos project.
redboot for x86 baced PC
- From: harish dot vaidya at philips dot com
- To: ecos-devel at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 09:21:33 +0000
- Subject: redboot for x86 baced PC
currently i am reading the Redboot user guide. I want to try redboot my PC. I have Redhat Linux 7.1 installed on my PC.
i tried the installation procedure as expained in user guide. but i failed to get Redboot command when i reboot.
can anybody help me out.
The steps i followed
1. formatted floppy disk using fdformat "/dev/fd0"
2.$ dd conv=sync if=install/bin/redboot.bin of=/dev/fd0H1440
i have downloaded the x86 redboot binaries from
redboot.bin (80 Kbytes)
redboot.elf (500 Kbytes)