Re: Conditional CDL

    Gary> This is about what I thought. I recall having trouble before
    Gary> with having the define_proc nested, but I'll try it again
    Gary> and see how it goes.

I am not aware of any issues in this area. If you do find a problem,
please let me know.

    >> For the 2.1 timeframe I would like to extend CDL with
    >> cdl_target nodes which behave largely like options, i.e. they
    >> can have requires properties and the like, but which are also
    >> recognised by the admin tool and result in appropriate entries
    >> in a generated ecos.db.

    Gary> One thing I've yearned for would be an easier way to
    Gary> conditionalize the define_proc statements. For example, I'd
    Gary> like a way to express the platform clock speed (selected by
    Gary> other CDL) in the lines that are used by RedBoot, so you
    Gary> could get a platform description like PowerPC 850 (48MHz) or
    Gary> the like. Is there any good way to do this?

Not at present, that really requires CDL scripting support i.e.
implementation of cdl_get et al. I have made a start on that but there
are some issues I need to think about, e.g. which operations are valid
in different contexts like define_proc vs. ecosconfig cdlsh.

It might be possible to do something now with a calculated option that
uses the string concatenation operator . but that would be ugly.

Bart

--
Bart Veer                       eCos Configuration Architect