Re: [ECOS] Redboot-GDB

> Hi,
> I have a very simple issue with the Redboot_gdb_stub, which anyone familiar
> with Redboot should know the answer.

> 1. After continue command is issued in the gdb console, $C0a#d4 is sent by
                                                           ^^^
This indicates a problem. GDB should send a $c#63 packet. The C0a says to
send a signal 10 to the application and the gdb stub responds by telling
GDB that the program exited. Signal 10 is a bus error or some sort, usually
an unaligned access on ARM.

The best way to try to see what is happening is to use remote protocol
debugging in gdb:

(gdb) set debug remote 1
(gdb) target remote /dev/ttyS0
Remote debugging using /dev/ttyS0
Sending packet: $Hc-1#09...putpkt: Junk: RedBoot>
Ack
Packet received: OK
Sending packet: $qC#b4...Ack
Packet received: E02
Sending packet: $qOffsets#4b...Ack
Packet received:
Sending packet: $?#3f...Ack
Packet received: S05
                 ^^^
This tells GDB why the program stopped and should be 05 when you connect
for the first time.

--Mark