Re: Is the eCos Open Source development model at risk?

Thomas BINDER wrote:

I also think that this is an important point especially for companies: An increasing number of users, also increases the probability to discover bugs. This was also the main reason which made us decide to release our extensions (memory protection).

And a very useful thing that is too!

However, the lack of response from the maintainers (the original mail
was sent ~ 2 months ago) is an indication that either, (a) nobody seems
to be interested, or (b) the maintainers are simply too busy to
respond.

If (a),

It isn't (a). We're always interested. That's not to say we'll accept your patch ;), but you know what I mean. Memory protection is an important feature although a generic design can be tricky.