Re: problem with gcc3.2 compiler

Ottawa Guy <ottawaguy81@yahoo.com> writes:

> Hi,
> I believe Ecos heavily depends on the class
> constructor sequence. For that Ecos uses
> "-finit-priority" option with the gcc02.95 compiler.

This is true.

> Now in gcc3.2 that option "-finit-priority" doesnt
> exist any more and I didnt find any replacement yet.

This is not true. The recommended version of GCC to use with eCos is
3.2.1. This certainly supports -finit-priority, I use it every day.

> am having lots of problem when I switch to gcc3.2. I
> believe these are because of "-finit-priority" flag.
>
> Did anyone have seen this problem. Please provide me
> with some direction. I am stuck at this point.

According to your previous posts you are doing a port to a new
architecture. It looks like, for some reason, that whoever did the GCC
port for your architecture has disabled this feature. You need to go
back to them and find out why.

One possibility is that they have chosen an object file format that
does not support arbitrarily named sections. Constructor priority
ordering is implemented by putting the constructor references into
numerically named sections and sorting them into order in the
linker. Only ELF supports this (and maybe COFF, but it's never been
tested).