Re: Missing Option

Andrew Lunn wrote:
On Tue, Nov 04, 2003 at 05:12:27PM +0100, Pablo Huerta wrote:

Hi all again,

I've been reading again the eCos 2.0 reference manual, and in the
section "C library startup" it talks about a configuration option called
CYGSEM_START_ISO_C_COMPATIBILITY (that seems it is what I need to get
the C and Math tests run properly). The problem is that this option
doesn't exists, at least in the eCos distribution I have. I have created
the default configuration files for a few targets (i386, arm, etc) with
"ecosconfig new target" and this option is neither active nor inactive,
it simply is not defined at all in the .ecc file.

It seems that the documentation is out of date. anoncvs does not have
this option. Instead take a look at CYGSEM_LIBC_STARTUP_MAIN_THREAD.

Hopefully Jifl will chip into this conversation. He knows how all this
should work....

The default configuration should "just work". You shouldn't have to worry about cyg_iso_c_start or anything like that, as a C++ constructor will be called at system startup time to create a thread to call main().

You are unlikely to need to change the options here, unless there is something specific you want to achieve like main() being called not as an eCos thread.

If you can set breakpoints, try setting them at "cyg_iso_c_start" and "main" to see what is reached.

But just to check, you should verify that CYGSEM_LIBC_STARTUP_MAIN_THREAD is present and enabled. If it isn't present, check that the CYGPKG_LIBC_STARTUP package is included in your configuration.

BTW, about openrisc, check the ecos-patches mailing list archive - I believe there are some patches there that may help you use current CVS eCos with openrisc.