Re: support for RTL 8029

On Wednesday 05 November 2003 16:40, khamri A wrote:
> Hello Iztok,
>
> Thanks for that.
>
> I have added the driver you have mentioned. Even though we set broadcast
> address it was returning an error "driver cann't set multi-cast address" .

 Multi-cast address is not MAC address, it's used only for IPV6.

> Along with this 8019 driver file i used dp83902a module. .if i run ping
> here it sends packets but i will not receive any packets. I would
> appreciate your help in this regard

How did You configure interrupt (IRQ)? My Rtl driver hack does not do any Plug
and Play configuration of the Rtl chip. You have to run Realtek's
configuration utility for DOS, to configure the proper IRQ and IO address.

Anyhow , I think You shoud build RedBoot with Rtl eth driver added for Your
target first and see if the RedBoot networking works. (It should, because eth
driver does not use interrupts if it is built for RedBoot).

Regards
Iztok