serial port reading!

Hi Folks,

Iam trying to send data to serial port thru minicom (on LINUX).Ultimately i  my ecos read utility should read this.If i use only one port for this how can i exactly do this as i have one port on my target which is being occupied by GDB.Jonathan some time back mentioned that stub would provide multiplexing between diagnostic and debug ports..i have also read from Jonathan's mail about simple thread usage instead of cyg_user_start.

can anybody throw some light on this

Regards,
-A