Re: Porting eCos to Cogent CSB337

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 22:37:12 +0000,
"Michael Anburaj" <embeddedeng@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Tue,
>
> Sorry for the late response.
>
> My port or any other ARM9 port is a good starting point. Or better you
> can simple copy the whole thing & replace the platform specifics
> accordingly.

Hi again,

I am currently working on the AAED2000 port, to make it run on the
CSB337 board. Though a port for the CSB337 board is available from
eCosCentric (and others), i'll try to make one myself, in the interest
of gaining experience with the porting process.

In a very simple setting, i've managed to get eCos to boot and run basic
applications.

However, it seems that the AAED2000 board (and also the SMDK2401 board)
are using UARTs which are addressed differently from the ones on the
CSB337 board. In my setting, i'll be using the UARTs available on the
AT91RM9200 Chip. Today, i discovered that these UARTs are supported by
drives in the AT91 port of eCos. Hence, my current goal is to combine
the modified AAED2000 port and the AT91 drivers, and see how far that
gets me...

Any comments on this strategy are highly appreciated.

Cheers,
--Tue

--
Tue Brems Olesen          | phone: +45 6133 5015 / +45 9633 0865
Strubjerg 32, 3. th       | mail: tue  at  aye  dot  dk