Re: redboot[RAM] crashes

On Mon, Jul 12, 2004 at 02:20:09PM +0200, Andrew Lunn wrote:

> FL_SECTION_ENTRY is an assembly langauge macro. It is defined in
> hal/arm/xscale/cores/current/include/hal_mm.h. This section of code is
> layout out the MMU control tables, or Translation Lookaside Buffers.

OK, thank you. Now I understand the backround of this
lookup table a bit. But my analysis of the crash was
wrong.
Because I only use the RAM mode the MMU table is not altered
at all. So the crach is not caused by the wrong MMU table.

Therefore I'd like to know if it is possible to tune
redboot to give more information about the phase it executes.

> I presume the xscale uses the standard ARM layout, so try to get hold
> of "ARM Archictecture Refernce Manual" which has a section at the back
> about this. The xscale documentation probably also covers this.

Yes. I read the documentation offered by intel but they also
reference to the ARM architecture reference manual. Fortunately
this book is available in our university library.

> Because of your EEPROM you might need a modified layout. What are the
> physical addresses of the SDRAM, EEPROM etc. How do they fit to the
> table in the code?

It fortunately fits very well. 0x0-0x10000000 is not SDRAM but
the Expansion Bus for device0 (in my case the EEPROM and Flash)
But it could changed to the RAM by changing one bit in the
configuration register of the expansion bus controller.

Thank you
 Martin