Re: CYGSEM_HAL_VIRTUAL_VECTOR_SUPPORT

> What code in particular are you concerned about? I am not sure if
> there any interesting platforms left where virtual vectors are
> completely unsupported. However there are certainly platforms where
> you may want to disable the virtual vector support.

I just came upon various code paths while debugging and saw remarks like
'will be removed eventually' beside the a lot of non-vv code.

Anonther reason which prompted me to ask is that the test_exit code calls
reset directly HAL_PLATFORM_RESET instead of through the vv table; I needed
to modify that and not claim the reset vector from the app. For some reason
only the rom monitor variant of reset works for me on the edb7xxx and similar
boards and HAL_PLATFORM_RESET uses the ram version even if I do not claim the
reset vector.

So I was curious how much of it was legacy and how much useful.

Thanks for the detailed explanation.

Jani