Re: A naive question on issues related to code in public repository

Andrew Lunn <andrew@lunn.ch> writes:

> On Tue, Oct 05, 2004 at 03:44:36AM -0700, sandeep wrote:
> > hi ecos maintainers,
> >
> > while searching for ecos on google, I came across this
> > link -
> >
> > http://ecos.sourceware.org/maintainers/assignments.html
> >
> > that mentions
> > Harrison, David
> > ----
> > dah@cradle.com
> > ----
> > Cradle Technologies
> > ----
> > 31 Oct 00
> > ----
> > Red Hat
> > ----
> > Yes
> > ----
> > Ecos Ported to the Cradle UMS platform.
>
> 31 October 2000 is before my time, so i cannot speak about this
> specific case. Maybe it was never actually submitted? Maybe the
> quality was not good enought at the time? Maybe the maintainers were
> overloaded with other work and never got around to it?

I did the Cradle port while at RedHat during April 2001.  Cradle had a
very primitive stab at the HAL which is presumably what this
assignment covers.  The HAL I did was written from scratch, not using
any of the original Cradle code.

Ownership of the Cradle HAL is somewhat confused since it went to
Cradle under the old RHEPL. It was also, at the time, covered by a
whole bunch of NDAs. Both RedHat and Cradle have some claim over the
HAL and it would require both of them to agree to contribute it to the
public repository.

So, I don't think that this assignment has any meaning any more.