Re: A naive question on issues related to code in public repository

Alex Schuilenburg wrote:
You need to consider a clean room implementation, and given your previous exposure to the old code, you will most likely be tainted. Some may argue that because of this, you may not be a suitable for a rewrite.
Thanks a lot for your explanations of the issues and suggestions. I myself find me unsuitable as re-writer in this case as I have got tainted enough due to loong exposure. :)

cowards way out and leave it to the maintainers to specify what needs to be done to create a new port suitable for import to anoncvs that is not tainted by the older code and hence license.
that will be quite appropriate.

regards
sandeep