Re: contributing a failsafe update meachanism for FIS from within ecos applications

> Ok, I'll post a modified patch which uses "$Magic[01]" as "magic
> number" in the next days, with "$Magic0" for the fis table 0 and
> "$Magic1" for fis table 1. This leaves 8 bytes room for the
> valid_flag and the version_count.

The problem with "Magic" is that it does not indicate what its for. If
you don't know what its for, somebody will delete it. "fis valid" is
less likely to be deleted since it sounds more important. I also don't
see why you need Magic0 and Magic1.

You don't need 8 bytes. All you really need is 4 bits. 2 bits for
valid, in progress and empty, plus 2 bits for the version.

        Andrew