Re: RFC: extending (reserved)

> the problem we have with using fis create is that it isn't protected and
> guaranteed to be there if we do an fis init. We really want to mark a
> section of flash for the OS and leave the rest open for our end customers
> to do with as they wish.

Even if it has the same properties as redboot, the customer can still
destroy it with fis erase and put in new contents with fis write. They
question is how secure do you want it to be vs writing documentation
telling customers not to delete these FIS entries and if they do don't
be supprised if things break!

How are you thinking about making it generic? Could you please explain
your basic implementation ideas.

        Thanks
                Andrew