Re: ecos freebsd_stack

Note: this should really be on the discussion list and not "devel"

On Fri, 2005-03-04 at 02:09 -0800, Raghu wrote:
> Probed more on this issue and wanted to share the
> findings,The ARP request from IDXP425 is reaching the
> Host IP.
> Host machine generates an ARP reply and sends it on
> the line, but this is never reaching the NPE drivers
> "npe_recv" function in "if_npe.c". May be because it
> dosent receive an interrupt, and is not running in a
> polled mode.
>
> Any clues if this driver is "interrupt" driven or
> "polled mode", and how does interrupt processing
> happens in ixp425 ??

My guess is that the hardware address (sometimes called 'MAC')
on the ixp425 is not being set up properly.  ARP replies are
normally uni-addressed (sent to only the station requesting
them) and if the hardware address does not match, the IXP
won't see it.