Re: Ecos with i386 synthetizer

    Tyler> Hi all,
    Tyler> I try to use ecos on a i386 synthetizer target. I've build
    Tyler> the environment with configtool and build the synthetizer
    Tyler> too. I've compiled the hello.c programm with the following
    Tyler> command :

    Tyler> gcc -g -IBASE_DIR/ecos-work/install/include hello.c \
    Tyler> -LBASE_DIR/ecos-work/install/lib -Ttarget.ld -nostdlib

    Tyler> but when I execute the file a.out, with "gdb -nw a.out",
    Tyler> the following error appears :

    Tyler> Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
    Tyler> _stext () at /tmp/cc6DVBi1.s:1163
    Tyler> 1163	/tmp/cc6DVBi1.s: no such file.
    Tyler> 	in /tmp/cc6DVBi1.s
    Tyler> Current language:  auto; currently asm

Which version of eCos are you using? And which version of Linux?

If you are trying to use eCos 2.0 then you will need to upgrade to
anoncvs. There have been incompatible changes in behaviour in some
Linux distributions, especially Fedora, which break the old synthetic
target code. The version in anoncvs has been updated to work around
these changes.

Bart

--
Bart Veer                       eCos Configuration Architect