Re: configtool - no main()

On Thu, Apr 27, 2006 at 02:43:57PM +0200, Lars Poeschel wrote:
> Hello!
>
> My configtool development is ongoing and I made an automake/autoconfig based
> configuration system work. I also rewrote the configtool to compile on
> unicode Systems, but finally the call to the Linker says:
> undefined reference to `main'
> And indeed, the whole configtool currently in CVS has no main() function.
> Can anybody say where and how the configtool is started ?

I think main is inside one of the WxWidget libraries. It will then
call the OnInit function:

configtool.cpp:151
// 'Main program' equivalent: the program execution "starts" here
bool ecApp::OnInit()
{

However, don't trust what i say, i know less than nothing about
WxWidgets. You probably need to read the documentation:

http://www.wxwidgets.org/

It is great that you are trying to get this working. If you can make
the whole build system nice and simple, and working with the current
version of WxWidgets it might encourage people to fix the bugs in the
tool. There has not been any real development on configtool for years
and i think that it because it is so hard to build.

        Andrew