RedBoot patches regarding redboot_getc_terminate

Sometime since September of 2005, we updated our local eCos repository,
which includes Andrew Dyer's RedBoot patches to call
'redboot_getc_terminate()' in various error scenarios.  Since that time, we
have observed that anytime we use YMODEM to download code to our boards, it
terminates with an error message.

I hate training myself to ignore error messages... it always comes back to
haunt me.

So, I looked into this, and I see in 'load_elf_image()', near line 455 of
"load.c", there is a call to 'redboot_getc_terminate()' with an an argument
of 'true', indicating that the data transfer should be aborted.  I changed
the abort flag back to 'false', and things have returned to normal for us.

However, before I submit a formal patch undoing the work that Andrew did
(which had to do with terminating TFTP transfers gracefully), I thought I
would check in with folks, Andrew especially.

What do folks think?  Should I generate the one line patch (along with the 5
line ChangeLog entry)?

--wpd

Patrick Doyle
Manager, Digital Systems Group
DTC Communications, Inc.
Phone: (603) 546-2179
Fax: (603) 880-6965
Email: wpd@dtccom.com

This communication is from DTC Communications, Inc. and is intended to be
confidential and solely for the use of the persons or entities addressed
above.  If you are not an intended recipient, be aware that the information
contained herein may be protected from unauthorized use by privilege or law,
and any copying, distribution, disclosure, or other use of this information
is prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please
contact the sender by return e-mail or telephone the above number
immediately and delete or destroy all copies.  Thank you for your
cooperation.