Port eCos to STR7

Hi,

I would like to join the team to port eCos on STR family uC. I already
have designed a board using STR7. In my project, I only need UART and
SPI bus. I will contribute back to when I have done the porting.

I read the emails of porting STR9. I will follow the rules that Andrew
Lunn put over there from his experience of AT91SAM7. Since I am
familiar with the AT91SAM7 chip, I will use the porting to it as
baseline. I will go though the following steps. Please let me know if
it is right way to go.

Step 1: Figure out how eCos boot up on AT91SAM7
In this step, I will generate a libtarget.a using AT91SAM7SEK template
and default packages. The setup start up type to be ROM. Maybe I will
add code to make LEDs on to show the boot up precess before I do that.
According to Andrew's email, I will pick a test program. May I get an
idea that which program has been tested before? I am new to GNU tools.
Is it possible to debug boot up precess using JTAG debugger with GNU
tools? After I feel confident on AT91SAM7, I will move to next step.

Step 2: Make eCos boot up on STR7.
I will follow the procedure in all related books and document to start
the real change. I will study STR family and put the folder structure
here for others to review. Then start to change code and test it using
same test program tested in Step 1.

Step 3: Figure out how AT91SAM7 other peripherals
Run the test programs on UART and SPI on AT91SAM7. Are they been
tested? I know UART should work because I can run RedBoot on AT91SAM7
EK.

Step 4: Write the drivers for STR7
The code will be tested using same test programs tested in Step 3.

Step 5: (option) make RedBoot works

Any suggestion and advice is warmly welcome. I am also looking forward
to know somebody want join STR7 porting.

-frank