This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the eCos project.
Does MultiCast receive work?
- From: "Peter Dennett" <pdennett at padsoft dot com>
- To: <ecos-devel at ecos dot sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 22:45:43 -0500
- Subject: Does MultiCast receive work?
- Organization: PADSOFT, Inc
- Reply-to: <pdennett at padsoft dot com>
I am starting to add multicast support to the lancepci (VMWare) eth driver.
Sending works fine as it is just UDP sendto - I see the packets on a
neighboring LINUX box.
I have made a first attempt to configure the adapter to receive MC
addresses. For now I am just setting all 64 mask bits to one to allow all
MC addresses - this seems to be common in eCos eth drivers anyway. So far I
am not seeing packets back to my application. From my debug code in
lancepci_recv I think the hardware is delivering them and I am passing them
up the stack.
Before I bust my hump too much more I wanted to see if anyone had a warm
fuzzy feeling about multicast on eCos? Is it known to work?
Is there was any wise advice about how to proceed?
Peter Dennett Office: 281 334 3800
www.padsoft.com Cell: 713 899 6100