Re: Redboot load command is crippled

Hello Andrew,

Your patch matches what I have already done to get it to work for me. Without that change, it would never write anything to memory through the addr pointer if the address was outside of the memory range known to Redboot on the PC platform (beyond the first 640K).

My only concern now is that the "Allow the load-command write into Flash" (CYGBLD_REDBOOT_LOAD_INTO_FLASH) option requires that "Validate RAM addresses during load" (CYGSEM_REDBOOT_VALIDATE_USER_RAM_LOADS) option be enabled as well. Otherwise, the code assuming that an invalid RAM address is a flash address just won't work.

- John

Andrew Lunn wrote:
Hi John.

How does it break the load? Please could you try the attached patch.

Thanks

Andrew