Re: Default for BOOTP in redboot [Sec=Unclassified]

Hi Carl,

Thanks for the quick reply, I have done more more digging.

The logic seems clear to me. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Suppose that you want to boot from flash, what you do is to define the top
level macro CYGSEM_REDBOOT_DEFAULT_NO_BOOTP (This is done manually? I think
that there should be a configuration mechanism). Then:

I think this comes from the redboot.cdl file or the user ones in the particular port, in my case redboot_ROMRAM_ts7250.ecm

I found that I need to set

cdl_component CYGDAT_REDBOOT_DEFAULT_IP_ADDR {user_value 1 192,168,1,254};

then the macro DEFAULT_NO_BOOTP get set from the configuration.

1. Line 95: The macro won't be redefined to be 0;
2. Line 684: "use_bootp" will be assigned value "false";

Does this not mean that by line 684 the macro is always defined (either in the configuration or line 96), so use_bootp is always set false by line 685. I guess this means that its always set to false if there is no flash configuration, although the #ifdef is a but redundant.

Should line 684 be a #if (not #ifdef)?

Ok, I was wondering how use_bootp was getting set in my port, and I found that line 702 reads the use_bootp variable from flash, this was setting the use_bootp variable for the test in line 703. The default flash value is set in line 102.

3. Line 703: condition evaluated to be true, so the block (boot from flash
procedure)is entered, and IP address is got from flash;
4. Line 758: condition evaluated to be false, so the block (bootp procedure)
is not entered.

So yes I guess the logic does work out, I was missing setting the IP_ADDR.

Regards,

--
Peter Jansen
Australian Government Antarctic Division

   Australian Government Antarctic Division - Commonwealth of Australia
IMPORTANT: This transmission is intended for the addressee only. If you are not the
intended recipient, you are notified that use or dissemination of this communication is
strictly prohibited by Commonwealth law. If you have received this transmission in error,
please notify the sender immediately by e-mail or by telephoning +61 3 6232 3209 and
DELETE the message.
       Visit our web site at http://www.aad.gov.au/