Re: RedBoot built with gcc 3.4.4

Guennadi Liakhovetski wrote:
On Wed, 7 Feb 2007, Gary Thomas wrote:

You'll be better off restarting it using GDB and step
through to find out where it goes wrong.

hm, that requires gdb support from the redboot, which I am not sure if I have. It crashes somewhere inside bootp. "+" is where it starts sending bootp requests. So, I could set a breakpoint on __bootp_find_local_ip (is this the right function for it?), but how do I reset the board from under gdb? and will it directly contact the gdb stub on the board and set the breakpoint?

To debug RedBoot, you'll need to use your BDI.

Simply connect GDB to the BDI instead of the serial port.
Something like this:
  (gdb) tar rem bdi:2001

where 'bdi' is the DNS name or IP of your unit.  It has commands
for resetting the device, setting hardware breakpoints, etc.  Read
the BDI manual for the details.

Then you can step through the RedBoot code to find out where it's
going bad.