Re: Trouble with redboot on SPANSION S29GL512N

Dear Gary Thomas,

Thank you very much. But I am a bit consfused. I would like to know
where I need to modify that. So how user can change the memory layout
if he wants to change ?
  I not sure  that I am suppossed to change the *.ldi  files. So am I
suppossed to change the  size in  *.h or *.mlt file and recompile
again ?

Thanks & regards,

Maxin B. John

On 4/19/07, Gary Thomas <gary@mlbassoc.com> wrote:
Maxin B John wrote:
> Dear all,
>
>   I have compiled ECOS to support AMD/SPANSION S29GL512N  flash for EP9301 .
> I have compiled the the redboot.bin but on booting , the system hangs.
> The flash_am29xxxxx_parts.inl is modified like this
>
> #ifdef CYGHWR_DEVS_FLASH_AMD_S29GL512N
> {
> //AMD/SPANSION S29GL512N
> long_device_id:true,
> device_id: FLASHWORD(0x227e),
> device_id2: FLASHWORD(0x2223),
> device_id3: FLASHWORD(0x2221),
> block_size:0x20000 * CYGNUM_FLASH_INTERLEAVE,
> block_count:512,
> device_size:0x4000000 * CYGNUM_FLASH_INTERLEAVE,
> base_mask:~(0x4000000 * CYGNUM_FLASH_INTERLEAVE-1),
> bootblock : false,
> banked :false,
> },
> #endif
>
> Please let me know if anyone had successfully compiled the redboot with
> SPANSION S29GL512N with EP9301.

Make sure your memory map (which on ARM includes some
assembly tables) have been adjusted to handle the FLASH.
If they are not able to handle the entire size (64MB in
this case), then RedBoot will hang/die.