This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the eCos project.
Re: I want to port redboot to harddisk boot on i386 pc motherboard,
- From: Andrew Lunn <andrew at lunn dot ch>
- To: rae l <crquan at gmail dot com>
- Cc: ecos-devel at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 08:48:09 +0200
- Subject: Re: I want to port redboot to harddisk boot on i386 pc motherboard,
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Thu, Aug 23, 2007 at 11:00:45AM +0800, rae l wrote:
> I want to port redboot to harddisk boot on i386 pc motherboard, I've
> copyed the redboot_FLOPPY.ecm as a starting point to make a
> redboot_HD.ecm, I changed the
> /ecoscvs/ecos/packages/hal/i386/pcmb/current/include/pcmb.inc to let
> it read itself from harddisk instead of floppy,
> but it seems reset after load the redboot image: I mean I can see it
> reads 185 sectors (by print 185 dots), the redboot is 92K indeed, so
> this reading is correct, but after that, the system seems reseting,
> someone know why, or some ideas about how to resolve it?
The normal way to do this is use grub.