Re: STM32 - I/O pullup and EXTI issues, plus new SPI driver.

On Fri, 2008-11-21 at 15:52 +0000, Nick Garnett wrote:
> Chris Holgate <chris@zynaptic.com> writes:
> >
> > 1) It's not possible to set pullups on I/Os using the provided
> > functions.  This is a trivial one-line fix to stm32-misc.c.
> >
> > 2) External interrupts don't work as they stand.  This requires a few
> > changes to the STM32 var_intr.h.  If required I can tidy up my changes
> > there and provide a patch which I've tested using a single I/O
> > (EXTINT0), but which would probably benefit from a bit more testing
> > using other I/O configurations.
>
> I can easily believe that both of these don't quite work. I didn't do
> much testing in this area, so any changes to make it work are appreciated.

OK - Simon has offered to review the changes, so I'll let him look them
over and once the copyright assignment is through you can decide what to
do with them.

> > FYI, I now have a DMA-based SPI driver that is fully functional in
> > kernel mode, but will need one or two changes (and some testing!) to
> > make it play nicely in non-kernel mode.  Probably best to leave that
> > until the 3.0 release is done, though.
>
> You can mainly test polled operation in the kernel just by temporarily
> forcing the polled parameter to true.

Polled operation works, but I'm going to have to sprinkle a few
preprocessor directives in there to get rid of my calls to the kernel
flags API.  Is there any reason why flags support didn't make it into
the standard driver API?  I find that it's much more elegant than using
condition variables in a lot of cases.

Chris.