This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the eCos project.
lwIP 1.3 port update
- From: Simon Kallweit <simon dot kallweit at intefo dot ch>
- To: "ecos-devel at ecos dot sourceware dot org" <ecos-devel at ecos dot sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 11:56:43 +0200
- Subject: lwIP 1.3 port update
I just wanted to give a quick update on my work on the lwIP 1.3 port.
The following things have been done since last post:
* Cleaned up the CDL: I added a few top level categories to the CDL like
APIs, Protocols and Interfaces. I also added some more constraints and
dependencies. I think there is still place for improvements in this
area. Also, I implemented the last missing bits of the lwIP
configuration to the CDL, so all in all, pretty much every aspect of
lwIP should now be configurable through the CDL.
* Cleaned up the implementation of the 'Simple' mode (single-threaded,
polled). Also tested this mode with SLIP and Ethernet devices. Also
cleaned up the httpd_simple test which uses the raw TCP API to implement
a simple HTTP server.
* Started implementing the 'Sequential' mode (multi-threaded). Written a
new test called httpd_sequential which uses the netconn API to implement
a simple HTTP server. Tested only with SLIP yet, as the ethernet
implementation for the sequential mode is not yet fully implemented.
Now, to finish the port there is still quite a bit of work:
* Finish the ethernet implementation for the sequential mode. I was
wondering if Jonathan Larmour could give me some insight to how he
implemented this in the eCosPro version, as he stated that there had
been quite a few changes from the community port. Maybe eCosCentric
could even contribute to a new updated lwIP 1.3 port?
* We need some documentation. Again, there is a good chunk already done
in the eCosPro version and I was wondering if we should try to merge
with that. Alternatively we have to write the documentation from scratch.
* Sort out PPP. In the current port, there is limited support for PPP
(only usable in 'Simple' mode for now). This is mainly because I use PPP
in my own project. We can leave it at that or remove it altogether. My
point is, PPP usage is quite limited in the current state and should
probably be removed.
* Update to CVS HEAD once again or wait until the 1.3.1 release and
* Testing testing testing :)