Re: STM32 USB support

Chris Holgate wrote:
Ethernet for the STM32?  I'd considered having a stab at a driver for
one of the SPI based Ethernet chips (either the Micrel or Microchip) but
just don't have the time right now.

We don't have the possibility to add real ethernet to our platform, using ethernet over USB could be a nice solution for device configuration (http server).

The USB serial driver at least seems to be tailored
for the AT91 driver right now and cannot be used generically yet. We
could change that to use dynamic setup of endpoints, which I think would
be a great idea.

I've just had a look at the code and it shouldn't be too hard. The key change is that in order to obtain a handle on the endpoint data structures you need to wait for endpoint configuration to complete (which the serial driver does anyway):

I see. Should be easy to get around. I'll see if I can change the serial driver in a way so it's still usable with the other slave drivers.

Simon