This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the eCos project.
Re: USB testing - any more class drivers out there?
- From: Simon Kallweit <simon dot kallweit at intefo dot ch>
- To: Chris Holgate <chris at zynaptic dot com>
- Cc: Gaurang <gtamakuwala at intriguetechsolutions dot com>, ecos-devel at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 11:32:58 +0200
- Subject: Re: USB testing - any more class drivers out there?
- References: <DD9BA4A07313441D93DE1AF867FCE3BB@Intrigue63> <4A1BB326.email@example.com>
Chris Holgate wrote:
I don't know is Simon has had any luck getting it working, but if not
I'll try and put together a patch.
Sorry, I didn't get it working. But this is more about lack of time and
priority than anything else. After you have started the discussion about
how to improve the USB slave framework I thought it may be good to wait
until we have a better picture and eventually change the USB slave API
before we adapt the serial driver. But I guess I'm not the only one
short on time :)
As far as HID support is concerned, eCos is currently a bit lacking in
USB class driver implementations. You'll need to dig into the
documentation and roll your own. I'm sure that any standard USB class
drivers you do develop would be more than welcome as contributions!
Agreed! If time permits I would like to dig into a standard compliant
ethernet over USB driver.