This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the eCos project.
Re: [ECOS] eCos on STR9 ?
- From: Andrew Lunn <andrew at lunn dot ch>
- To: jerzy dyrda <jerzy dot dyrda at kontron dot pl>
- Cc: ecos-discuss at ecos dot sourceware dot org, ecos-devel at ecos dot sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 07:09:48 +0200
- Subject: Re: [ECOS] eCos on STR9 ?
- References: <48A1755F.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
> What's wrong with ST processors that they aren't so widely supported
> compering to Atmel product? Situation in other "small" OS like
> FreeRTOS is only a bit better.
I happened to get two AT91SAM7 development boards for free and found
it an interesting SoC. So i ported eCos for fun.
If i had received a couple of ST7 boards instead, eCos would probably
be running on them instead.
I don't know the ST7 SoC well enough to know the pros/cons compared to
the AT91SAM7 devices.