Re: Just enough OS for eCos

Hello Sergei,

That is really a good idea. If I could put some things on the wish list that I would like to see in such an image ;O)

1. Precompiled toolchains for all architectures (or special JeCos for each architecture?)

2. The eCos Config GUI tool
I know that a lot of people use the command line tools. But especially for eCos beginners that download the VM image for eCos evaluation the GUI tool is easier to understand, to use and it helps to understand the eCos configuration system. And I know that there are also experienced eCos users (like me) that prefer the GUI tool.

3. A working docbook installation.
I did not even try to build the eCos dosumentation on a Windows machine and always switched to a Unbuntu VM to do this job.

4. A GUI debugger
I have to admit, I'm not a command line guru and I prefer GUI tools. I think if somone is familar with all the command line tools then he also has a running eCos linux environment. So it would be great to have a GUI debugger. I prefer Eclipse with Zylin CDT plugin.

6. A working synthetic target to play with eCos without real hardware

If you need some help testing stuff on a Windows XP machine I could help.

Regards, Uwe