Re: lwIP port status

Hi Simon

Simon Kallweit wrote:

> lwip is close to the 1.3.1 release, and I think this will be the time
> to get the new port into the eCos repository, so any testing is highly
> appreciated.

lwIP 1.3.1 was finally released today.

In view of the known issues with the older eCos lwIP 1.1.1 port and the
many fixes to the master lwIP sources over the intervening years, I'm
keen to get this committed to eCos CVS as soon as possible.

Having reviewed the lwIP ChangeLog, I think it makes sense to simply
replace the older lwIP port in the eCos CVS trunk (tagging the
repository before the commit). There are known issues with lwIP PPP
which need to be addressed upstream. In the meantime, eCos users wishing
to work with lwIP PPP should be better off hacking on the lwIP 1.3.1
stack where necessary rather than using the older port.

What is the status of your testing of your lwIP 1.3.x port now? Are you
comfortable that it is stable under heavy CPU and network loads?

John Dallaway