Re: lwIP port status

Sergei Gavrikov wrote:
On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 08:11:09AM +0100, John Dallaway wrote:
I can certainly test on an x86 PC target. I think Sergei Gavrikov has
also been experimenting with your port (probably on ARM). Are there any
volunteers to perform a basic sanity check of the eCos port on a
big-endian target?

Hello John, Simon

Unfortunately, I ran in some issues when I tried lwip-20090722 on ARM
http://ecos.sourceware.org/ml/ecos-discuss/2009-07/msg00223.html It was
not possible to build lwip tests because new package had not a few
interface functions are used by io/eth/lwip/current/src/eth_drv.c
lwip_set_addr(), lwip_dhcp_init(), lwip_dsr_stuff(). Old eCos lwip
package has those implementations. Perhaps, I missed something. May be I
have to implement those in HAL? AFAIR I tweaked something in simple.c to
compile lwip_tcpip itself. My "memory sticks" are at home. May be I had
installed/built the package/tests in a wrong way. I used eCos CVS. The
steps were

rm -r $ECOS_REPOSITORY/net/lwip_tcpip
cp -a net/lwip_tcpip $ECOS_REPOSITORY/net
ecosconfig new <target> lwip_eth

Well, I did stop my attempts then. Waiting for new Simon stuff. Simon,
if I missed some things, forgive my stupidity. Both, thank you for your
persistence and your efforts!

Well, that's my fault. I have also changed the generic ethernet driver for my lwip port. I'll publish these sources with the lwip package tomorrow.

Simon