Re: lwip 1.3.1 testing

Sergei Gavrikov wrote:
On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 03:08:20PM +0300, Sergei Gavrikov wrote:
On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 09:41:13AM +0200, Simon Kallweit wrote:
Hi

I have done a new lwip test release with the following changes:

* incorporated Sergei's patch (ctrl-c support)
* added an lwip_eth_simple and lwip_eth_sequential template

The new test release can be downloaded from http://download.westlicht.ch/lwip-20090825.tar.gz
[snip]

Testing on real hardware would be especially useful. Also testing on big-endian targets might reveal some issues, as I've only been testing on little-endian platforms.
Hi

Simon, I'll retest new package ASAP. And it seems for me that you would
get more volunteers if you will announce your nowadays work with those
minimal setup instructions on the ecos-discuss list too. Thanks for a
tip about the host's side setup for nc test, I will try it too.

I retried nc master/slave test with your template and suggested pbuf values. For synthetic (I used tap interface) I got good results with lwIP, but, for real target, nc test passed for 100% master load and no load of slave side only. I got about 2Mbits per second with the DM900 Ethernet driver (that driver is too slow, it uses memcpy() on every 4 bytes arrived or sent), and my board gives only about 15 VAX Mips for RAM startup, and it seemed for me that was normal result.

Did you use the old lwip port on that board too? Did you get similar results in performance?

For small TCP packets ("y\n"), I had got good results

yes | socat - tcp4:<board_ip>:7 ;# some stress tcp stream

"tcpecho" test did return "y" very long time, until I did break pipe
(^C).

Unfortunately, I could not manage "udpecho" using socat as above neither
for synthetic nor real hardware. So, my today score for lwIP 1.3.1 is

+ http_simple
+ http_sequential
+ ns_slave_test
+ tcpecho
- udpecho

What was your way to test "udpecho"?

I used nc (netcat) to send/receive UDP packets. But I did no stress testing with tcpecho, udpecho.

Simon