Re: NAND technical review

Jürgen Lambrecht wrote:
Ross Younger wrote:
Jonathan Larmour wrote:
[snip]

Is it possible that R's model follows better the "general" structure of drivers in eCos?
I mean: (I follow our CVS, could maybe differ from the final commit of Rutger to eCos)
1. with the low-level chip-specific code in /devs (devs/flash/arm/at91/[board] and devs/flash/arm/at91/nfc, and devs/flash/micron/nand)
2. with the "middleware" in /io (io/flash_nand/current/src and there /anc, /chip, /controller)
3. with the high-level code in /fs

As far as I know, this has been the case for some releases already.

Is it correct that R's abstraction makes it possible to add partitioning easily?
(because that is an interesting feature of E's implementation)

I think it would not be hard to add. It might involve a change in API though, which is no problem as long as the number of clients is small, and all the more when those clients desire it.

Rutger