Re: lwip 1.3.1 testing

Hi Simon

Simon Kallweit wrote:

> Testing on real hardware would be especially useful. Also testing on
> big-endian targets might reveal some issues, as I've only been testing
> on little-endian platforms.

Using your sources from lwip-20090827.tar.gz, I was able to build and
run the httpd_simple test on a PowerPC (big-endian) target OK. DHCP over
ethernet was also OK.

The lwIP CDL script currently builds ecos/sio.c unconditionally so
CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL is required even when both PPP and SLIP are disabled.
It would be good to compile ecos/sio.c via a CDL option which is
"calculated { CYGPKG_LWIP_PPP || CYGPKG_LWIP_SLIP }" if other source
code will permit this.

Some other source code files which look like they might benefit from
conditional compilation:

    ecos/ppp.c ecos/sequential.c ecos/simple.c netif/slipif.c

How is you own testing of lwIP 1.3.1 progressing?

John Dallaway