Re: LPC2xxx internal flash driver

I'm sorry for double post ( by mistake I rejected ecos-devel from CC )

John Dallaway wrote:

> Hi Sergei
>
> I note that Hans Rosenfeld's LPC2xxx flash driver package
> (CYGPKG_DEVS_FLASH_ARM_LPC2XXX) is not referenced by any target at
> present. There are 7 LPC2xxx targets which could potentially make use of
> this hardware package. Can you see any reason why we should not add the
> package to the various LPC2xxx target definitions in ecos.db (including
> your own contributed ports)?
>
> FYI, the driver uses a buffer ending at 0x40004000 in internal SRAM.

Hi John,

As far as I can recall the driver was not CDLized much (it was designed
only for lpc22xx parts in a mind (i.e. for its internal flash geometry:
8x8K + 2x64K + 8x8K and it manages only those last eight 8K sectors).
It seems to me it was implemented before a merge with flashv2 code. I
recall that I played with the driver in RedBoot on Olimex LPC-H2294
header board, but, I have to re-test it with nowadays CVS stuff. I will
try to do it this evening and let you know. However, I think that driver
can be used on olpch2294, olpcl2294, olpce2294 and phycore229x targets
when eCos legacy flash API is used.

Sergei