Re: STM32F107 on STM3210C-EVAL

Hi Gian Maria

Gian Maria wrote:

> I'm porting eCos to STM3210C and I find a logical error on the
> implementation of CYGPKG_HAL_CORTEXM_STM32.
> CYGPKG_HAL_CORTEXM_STM32 must be the base of all STM32 uP and so is not
> correct for me to use
>
>     cdl_option CYGHWR_HAL_CORTEXM_STM32 {
>         display          "STM32 variant in use"
>         flavor           data
>         default_value    {"F103ZE"}
>         legal_values     {"F103RC" "F103VC" "F103ZC"
>                           "F103RD" "F103VD" "F103ZD"
>                           "F103RE" "F103VE" "F103ZE" }
>         description      "The STM32 has several variants, the main differences
>                           being in the size of on-chip FLASH and SRAM
>                           and numbers of some peripherals. This option
>                           allows the platform HAL to select the specific
>                           microcontroller fitted."
>     }
>
> That is inside "ecoscvs\ecos\packages\hal\cortexm\stm32\var\current\cdl",
> because with my EVB for example
> the uP is a STM32F107VC. With this I can't set the right uP as default for
> the template.
> I'm right? I think the correct is to put the code inside
> "ecoscvs\ecos\packages\hal\cortexm\stm32\stm3210e_eval\current\cdl"

I am not sure I understand your question. Are you intending to create a
new platform HAL package for STM3210C-EVAL?

> Can someone modify this so I can update my CVS and work with the right code?

It will be no problem to extend the set of legal values for
CYGHWR_HAL_CORTEXM_STM32. Of course, you can make this change in your
local CVS checkout until you are ready to contribute your platform
support for STM3210C-EVAL.

> 1 - When I finish my piece of port, that is at the beginning and I'm
> learning eCos who can upload?

Please refer to the eCos contributions page for details of the
contribution procedure:

  http://ecos.sourceware.org/contrib.html

> 2 - For every suggest Is this the right place?

Yes, ecos-devel is a good place to discuss platform porting strategy.

> 3 - I have to post the full port or can post pieces of code as they are
> ready?

It is a good idea to develop in the open so that other people can advise
you on best practice. However, the maintainers will wait until you make
a full formal contribution (via Bugzilla) before review. You will also
need to make a copyright assignment. Ref:

  http://ecos.sourceware.org/assign.html

John Dallaway
eCos maintainer
http://www.dallaway.org.uk/john