This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the eCos project.
Re: eCos on AT91SAM9 - call to action
- From: John Eigelaar <john at kses dot net>
- To: John Dallaway <john at dallaway dot org dot uk>
- Cc: Frank Pagliughi <fpagliughi at mindspring dot com>, eCos Development List <ecos-devel at ecos dot sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 16:16:18 +0200
- Subject: Re: eCos on AT91SAM9 - call to action
- References: <4D809BF2.email@example.com> <4D8208F0.firstname.lastname@example.org> <4DFA071F.email@example.com> <4DFA0DAA.firstname.lastname@example.org>
> > Has anyone started work on the SAM3's?
> > How can I help?
> I am not aware of anyone working with eCos on AT91SAM3 hardware. There
> are existing Cortex-M variant ports for eCos on LM3S8xx, LPC17xx and
> STM32 processor families so I would expect variant support for AT91SAM3
> to be fairly straightforward. Hopefully some of the existing AT91
> drivers can be reused for AT91SAM3.
> I am sure that others within the eCos community will be interested in
> variant support for AT91SAM3. Be sure to let us all know if/when you
> start work on this.
We, Keystone Electronic Solutions, did a port for the AT91SAM3U. The
port was completed and was using most of the AT91 drivers from the SAM7
family. We have, however, decided to use an STM32 part instead of the
SAM3. The port is still available if anybody is interested
> John Dallaway
> eCos maintainer