This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the eCos project.
Re: eCos GNU tools 4.6.2-20120125 ready for testing
- From: Sergei Gavrikov <sergei dot gavrikov at gmail dot com>
- To: Alex Schuilenburg <alexs at ecoscentric dot com>
- Cc: John Dallaway <john at dallaway dot org dot uk>, Ilija Kocho <ilijak at siva dot com dot mk>, eCos developers <ecos-devel at ecos dot sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2012 10:59:54 +0300 (FET)
- Subject: Re: eCos GNU tools 4.6.2-20120125 ready for testing
- Authentication-results: mr.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of email@example.com designates 10.213.9.197 as permitted sender) firstname.lastname@example.org; dkim=pass email@example.com
- References: <4F106345.firstname.lastname@example.org> <4F11574D.email@example.com> <4F11AC54.firstname.lastname@example.org> <4F1CB41C.email@example.com> <4F1DA9A0.firstname.lastname@example.org> <4F1FF5AD.email@example.com> <4F39887A.firstname.lastname@example.org> <4F50F700.email@example.com> <4F521D6A.firstname.lastname@example.org> <4F52B2C8.email@example.com> <4F53C46B.firstname.lastname@example.org> <4F53FF0D.email@example.com>
On Sun, 4 Mar 2012, Alex Schuilenburg wrote:
> On 04/03/2012 19:37, John Dallaway wrote:
> > Hi Alex
> > Alex Schuilenburg wrote:
> >> There is only one issue uncovered so far, and that is the backtrace
> >> of gdb 7.3 is unreliable. It occasionally can end up in an
> >> infinite loop, while our own 7.2 gdb for eCosPro works just fine in
> >> exactly the same tests (i.e. built with gcc 4.6.2). However, I
> >> guess users could add a "set backtracelimit=100" and that should
> >> catch this issue.
> > That is useful info, thank you. Could you provide examples of the
> > infinite backtrace please? We need to understand which of the
> > backtrace backstops is missing or ineffective.
> kexcept1 and except1 backtrace fail in every perm with 7.3 gdb.
I confirm it (I got the same for ARM7 target), it seems to me this is
old story http://bugs.ecos.sourceware.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1000699
But, if GDB 7.2 (I hope it was not patched a lot :-) manages that
properly, I would stick on GDB 7.2 (I will test it).
Thank you for your information!