This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the eCos project.
Re: porting ecos to a "new" hardavre.
- From: Ferenc Cserepkei <csfera at gmail dot com>
- To: ecos-devel at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2012 16:59:54 +0100
- Subject: Re: porting ecos to a "new" hardavre.
- Authentication-results: mr.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of firstname.lastname@example.org designates 10.236.182.67 as permitted sender) email@example.com; dkim=pass firstname.lastname@example.org
- References: <CANBX_3baYa7z9rCuPDgbOUHLGYXb6qGPHe8g8z+bXo_UxjuhQQ@mail.gmail.com>
I am maintaining some embedded hardvare, the board has some custom
brew bios. We should add tcp/ip (preferably V6) functionlity soon. The
existing BIOS the board has rather Âdumb, its main functionalty is
BASIC configuration of the FPGAs and ASICs the board has, give Âa
9600/8N1 serial, and upgrade sw parts in motorola s-record format (can
be streamed over serial). I already built a GCC 4.6.2 sporting
newlib1.20 for the main processor what is freescale MPC8548.
My question is, how can i tell ecos 3.0, to use that compiler (it has
GDB 7.3, psim and python support) and how can i design a template
"build>templates" for our systems?
Any help are much elcome.