Re: [OpenOCD-devel] Thread awareness with eCos problem

On 19.05.2012 16:49, Paul Fertser wrote:

> Basically, if you can load the elf file in gdb and you can "print" the
> needed variable, then OpenOCD has access to it too (because it
> basically asks gdb for the offset of a variable it needs).

Hm, correct me if I'm wrong: I investigated a bit and I'm afraid
that the OpenOCD has an easy access to symbols, but the symbols
won't help me to get an offset of a field in a structure. One
would need either to also get the debug info into OpenOCD or
a way to ask the gdb to evaluate a command, which is not supported
and the idea was frowned upon some time ago - see the thread
at http://sourceware.org/ml/gdb/2008-10/msg00011.html

eCos folks: would it be an idea to add a few extra symbols
to the scheduler exporting the neded information for
the OpenOCD? I'm probably going to implement it anyway, but
it would be nice to get the patches accepted into both eCos
and OpenOCD.

Regards
--
                                    Stano