This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the eCos project.
Re: Updating lwip
- From: John Dallaway <john at dallaway dot org dot uk>
- To: Will Wagner <will_wagner at carallon dot com>
- Cc: eCos development list <ecos-devel at sourceware dot org>, Simon Kallweit <simon dot kallweit at intefo dot ch>
- Date: Thu, 02 May 2013 17:29:25 +0100
- Subject: Re: Updating lwip
- References: <518160EE dot 7090602 at carallon dot com>
I am sure an upgrade of the eCos lwIP stack to the latest stable
upstream release would be welcomed by many eCos users.
On 01/05/13 19:37, Will Wagner wrote:
> Have started looking at the difference between upstream 1.3.2 and what
> is check in to ecos. There are quite a lot of differences, although most
> of them are trivial renaming.
> Does anyone know what changes were made to the lwip source and why. In
> particular lost of the ppp code has had functions and variables renamed.
The lwIP PPP code currently checked-in to the eCos repository was
contributed by Simon Kallweit. This would explain the substantial
PPP-related changes in your code comparison. It was always the intention
to migrate to the official lwIP PPP sources over time. Ref:
As with all imports, it is important to minimise changes to the upstream
code as far as possible. That way, future imports become much easier.