Fitting it on the drive

More an NT problem than an eCos problem:

I'm having trouble building eCos because I keep running out of disk
space.

I've got a 2gb FAT16 partition, so the cluster size sucks. I've been
brutally pruning stuff off the drive but I still haven't finished
building the tools because of the production of many small files.

How do others handle this? Is there a way to overlay another (possibly
compressing) filesystem on the FAT16 partition to give me better use of
the space?

I don't want to repartion as it will mess up drive letters for my OS/2
setup. I've got pinball loaded to get HPFS access to my OS/2 partition,
but I don't want to write to it from NT because there's no disk
checking of HPFS partitions under NT.

Kenneth Porter
Kensington Laboratories, Inc.
mailto:kenneth_porter@kensingtonlabs.com