[ECOS] Gnu load

I'm just getting started porting ECOS to a board based on the MPC850.  I
downloaded the ECOS software tools and am trying to run a test
showing that I can build S-records from a simple program and download and
run the program on the board.  My simple test program sets a
status register and returns, and in assembly looks like:

        .text
        .globl _start
        .align 2

_start:
        li 3,10
        blr

My first attempt to link produced the following S-records:

S011000073696D706C652E61732E7372656387
S30D018000003860000A4E800020E1
S7050180000079

This produced an error and from the SBC manufacturer I received
infromation that the start address should be 10000 as opposed
to the 1800000 given in the S-records I produced.  So I created a simple
linker script to set the start address.  Now objdump shows that I
have the correct start address but the S-records look like:

S011000073696D706C652E61732E7372656387
S20C0100003860000A4E80002062
S804010000FA

The S2 and S804 records are not recognized by my ROM download which
is looking for the S3 and S705 records.  I'd bet that there are still
some linker options that I need to provide but so far I haven't determined
what the problem is.  Any idea what is causing this problem?

Many thanks in advance,
Brenda Spaur
brenda@FieldHand.com