RE: [ECOS] Bug in eCos tools linker.

On 25-Dec-98 Sergei Organov wrote:
> Hello;
>
> I found bug in the 'ld' provided in the eCos tools distribution
> (in 'bfd' actually). The follwing command causes Segmentation fault
> (file rtems.o is attached):
>
> $ ppc-rtems-ld -r rtems.o -o test.rel
>
> The patch attached fixes the problem (at least for me).
>
> The problem is that 'bfd_get_section_by_name(dynobj, ...)' is called
> with zero 'dynobj', I believe.

The answers to a few questions will help with this:
  * Exactly what is 'ppc-rtems-ld' - i.e. how did you configure/make it?
  * How did you create 'rtems.o'?

In fact the problem may lie elsewhere and you've just found a way to
fix up the final [failing] symptom.

Gary Thomas                              |
Cygnus Solutions, U.K.                   | "Fine wine is a necessity of
35 Cambridge Place                       |        life for me"
Cambridge, CB2 1NS U.K.                  |
+44 1223 728 769                         |      Thomas Jefferson
email: gthomas@cygnus.co.uk              |
   ... opinions expressed here are mine  |
       and no one else would claim them! |