[ECOS] Re: Motorola DSP563xx Port

    Rick> Here is a plaintive
    Rick> 'Is anyone doing a port to mumbleproc' plea.

    Rick> What obstacles are in my way with the DSP563xx?
    Rick> 1/ Lack of an egcc port?
    Rick> 2/ No interest becos real DSP programmers use ASM?
    Rick> 3/ Waiting for support from Motorola?

    Rick> I think this is a nifty little screamer and would like to
    Rick> help put together a decent set of tools.

The lack of a gcc/g++ port is going to be the main obstacle, see
http://sourceware.cygnus.com/ecos/faq.html#porting_compiler for
details of compiler dependencies.

Your best bet may be to contact Motorola directly and find out whether
or not they have any plans for a gcc port. This need not involve
Cygnus, it could be happening in-house or by a third party, in which
case I would not necessarily know about it.

Bart Veer // eCos net maintainer