[ECOS] Re: Config tool for Linux

    Will> I have read about (and experienced) the limitations of the
    Will> pkgconf command line tool in comparison to the NT GUI tool.

    Will> I am wondering if there is a public schedule for the
    Will> development/release of either a like GUI tool for Linux or a
    Will> more complete command line tool (one that checks
    Will> dependencies and provides more support for fine grain
    Will> configuration control).

A much more complete command line tool, available for Unix and
Windows, is planned for later this year. This should do the dependency
checking and make it much easier to manipulate the fine-grained
configuration options outside the graphical tool. It is too early to
give any more details or specific dates, I am afraid.

Unix versions of the GUI tool are also planned, but may appear a bit
later. So far the demand from our paying customers has been primarily
for a GUI tool under Windows and they are satisfied with command line
tools under Unix - at least, they have not been willing to part-fund
Unix GUI development, so the priority of this relative to other work
has been low.

Bart Veer // eCos net maintainer